Permatan 2000 This submersible tan is a mineral and synthetic blend that yields a superior finished product with great stretch. This low odor, white, free flowing powder dissolves easily. Its PH is 3.2 and its charge is cationic.
Submersible Tan: Permatan 2000
Pickled skins should be drained of pickle, weighed and placed directly into solution outlined below!
- Per whitetail cape mix 2 ½ gallons of water with 1 ¼ lb. of salt (½ lb per gallon). Initial water temp should be 85 degrees.
- For each pound of drained skin weight add 1oz. Permatan 2000 to salt and water solution.
- Skins remain in solution overnight.
- The next morning slowly add baking soda until pH reaches 4.5 – 5. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Drain skins and let dry to desired moisture content.
- Skin can then be oiled with either Lubri-Stretch 1000 (light skinned animals) or Lubri-Stretch 2000 (heavy skinned animals, i.e. elk, moose).